Molly & Max are members of:
- The British Veterinary Association
- The British Small Animal Veterinary Association
- The British Veterinary Nursing Association
- The British Veterinary Dental Association
- International Cat Care (please see this website for lots of owner information on anything to do with feline health and care)
- The International Society of Feline Medicine
- Society of Practising Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Information Network, a professional discussion forum that keeps us in touch with specialists and other colleagues around the world. Their sister website for pet owners is VeterinaryPartner.com.
Our vets are members of, and our registered veterinary nurse is registered with, the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Pet Passport Scheme. The rules for travel to Europe after Brexit are currently uncertain. Keep up to date on the government website or speak to one of our vets.
- Company of Animals– for training and behaviour classes, and referral for behavioural problems. They also have a good range of dog products, beds and training devices.
- Veterinary Medicines- The Veterinary Medicines Directorate runs an Accredited Internet Retailer Scheme which is voluntary. Buying from these pharmacies gives you peace of mind that the drugs you are buying are not illegal or counterfeit. You will need a prescription for any POM-V medicines (prescription only) that you buy online, which we can supply for current patients.
- The Kennel Club– excellent for finding accredited breeders of purebred puppies.
- The Cat Group Policy Statements– regarding timing of neutering, feline infectious disease and zoonotic diseases in cats.
- The World Small Animal Veterinary Association guidelines on animal health. The WSAVA produce guidelines on welfare, vaccination, nutrition, hereditary diseases, liver disease, microchip identification, dental disease, pain, gastrointestinal disease, kidney disease and microchip identification.
- A Practical Guide for application of WSAVA Vaccination Guidelines for UK Veterinarians (pdf)
- PetLog– Petlog is the UK’s largest database for registering microchips. It is very important for the safety of your pet and your own peace of mind that you register your pet’s microchip and keep the details up to date. For dogs, this is now a legal requirements, but we also recommend that even indoor cats are microchipped. Some microchips are automatically registered with other databases. You may choose to register any chip with Petlog for a fee.
- Sound Therapy 4 Pets– for any dog (or cat) with a noise phobia, or for socialising puppies. CLIX Sounds CD is also recommended for the same purpose and is available from the practice.
- The Blue Dog– education for parents and children about how to avoid dog bites. We sell the CDs here at Molly & Max.
- Feliway– for stressed cats
- Adaptil– for anxious dogs, and also for helping with puppy socialisation
- Pet Bereavement- Animal Samaritans and Pet Savers
Emergency Out of Hours Veterinary Care Providers
- Elizabeth Street Veterinary Clinic– our emergency after hours provider.
- The London Animal Hospital (Camberwell)
- Medivet Richmond
- Goddards Stone Lion Hospital (Wimbledon)
- Vet24 (Hampstead)
Local Pet Businesses
Dog Trainer and Puppy Classes– Richard Grant. Puppy classes are held in St Dionis Church Hall on Parsons Green, every Monday night. Each course of puppy classes is 4 weeks long. Richard also will come to your home in the Fulham area for one-on-one training with your dog.
Very Important Pets also run an excellent 6 week long puppy training course in the Wimbledon area.
Dog Grooming/ Pet Shops:
Our local pet shop: see Rodney @ Hurlingham Pet Shop,
66 New King’s Rd, London, SW6 4LT. Phone: 020 7736 5380
Dog Walkers/ Pet Sitters
- Very Important Pets – a very professional service, managed by a veterinary nurse. Highly recommended.
- Bone Rangers– provides a service tailored to your pet
- Fulham Dog Walking
- Urban Mutts
- A Bit of Ruff
- Coco & Ginger
Thank you to our builders who did a wonderful job building the practice, Preisler Construction. Martin and his team are highly recommended for both private and commercial renovations.
Online Pet Shops
- Mungo and Maud– dog and cat outfitters- pet accessories that won’t clash with your décor. They also have a shop on Elizabeth St, Belgravia.
- Canine Concepts– for cats and dogs, good for new puppies and behaviour related items, including games for dogs.
- Canine Spirit– for dogs that love the outdoors
- Holly & Lil– stunning collars and leads
- Wild 4 Pets– a good variety of products for all sorts of pets
- Quido Petz– lots of lovely collars.
- Equafleece– fleece coats/ jumpers for dogs of all sizes
Pet Charities- if you are looking to rehome a pet, or donate
- Battersea Dog and Cats’ Home
- The Dogs Trust
- Cats Protection
- International Cat Care
- Mayhew Animal Home
- Blue Cross
- The Rabbit Welfare Fund
- Tree of Life For Animals
- Animal Management in Rural and Remote Indigenous Communities (AMRRIC)
Pet Insurance Companies
We highly recommend taking out pet insurance as soon as you pick up your pet from the breeder. Under FSA regulations, we are unable to recommend any particular insurance company. However, here is a list of some of the companies that provide pet insurance:
- John Lewis
- The Kennel Club
- Saga– for pet owners over 50 years of age
- Marks and Spencer
- Direct Line
Please read the small print and find a policy that suits your needs when purchasing pet insurance. In particular, check whether your pet is covered for the first 12 months or for life. Also check the total amount that will be paid out per year on any one condition. The excess will vary between policies and in some cases may be variable depending on the premium paid each month. It is not uncommon for illnesses (and sometimes accidents as well) to be covered only after 14 days from when you take out the policy.
For further information on pet insurance and choosing a policy, go to the Which? website. Here you will also find reviews of different insurance policies.
Veterinary Specialist Centres
- Davies Veterinary Specialists– multidisciplinary private referral centre in Hertfordshire. Davies also offers referral services in central London and can transfer animals to their hospital in Hertfordshire in their own animal ambulance.
- Bayswater Referrals– visiting specialists, each one day a week, in Bayswater, London.
- The Veterinary Dental Surgery– Lisa Milella, just off the M3 near the M25.
- Fitzpatrick Referrals– orthopaedic and neurosurgery referrals in Surrey. Noel Fitzpatrick may be known to you as The Bionic Vet.
- The Royal Veterinary College– multidisciplinary referral centre in Potters Bar, just north of London. The gold standard referral centre.
- The VRCC– for cancer referrals, with onsite MRI and CT scanning, and radiotherapy.
- Stone Lion Referrals– Neurology, Opthalmology, Dermatology and Physiotherapy, based in Wimbledon.
- Clerkenwell Animal Hospital– In house CT scanner and visiting specialists one day each week, in Clerkenwell, South East London.